Saturday, May 19, 2012

Confessions of cloth diapering?

I have a dirty little secret. I am using cloth diapers. It began as a money saving venture. But, it has quickly turned into an addiction. I mean have you seen these things? Check out the photo below. Have you ever been super excited to run out and buy a package of disposable diapers? I get super excited every time I get my hands on a new "fluffy butt" (what we affectionately call cloth diapers in our home). I need to confess, I live in an area where it is not common to cloth diaper. In fact, as an active participant in my city of 25,000 I only know two families who are currently using cloth diapers. TWO! There are zero cloth diaper stores in my neck of the woods. So, everything I have managed to learn about cloth diapering I have done through research or trial and error. I don't claim to be an expert. I am a novice at best. But, I'm inviting you along on this journey as I try to figure out the ins and outs of this cloth diapering world.

2 comments:

  1. Heidi - I must be one of those 2 families - I need to introduce you to more friends of mine in town - there are a bunch of families that do! You aren't alone. This is cute! I don't have any real cute ones, but if you're addicted to cute ones you should check out my sister's gdiapers she makes for people - on facebook look up sylvia.skunk.co - I know you aren't using gdiapers - but you'll see how addicted others are too!
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you are Julie. Also, Melissa in our Thursday ECFE class! Everyone in Brooke's baby ECFE class are totally intriqued by it all. Lol. I need to meet your circle and I'm going to look at your sister's site now.

      Delete